Volunteer mealtime helper
To support kitchen and clinical staff during mealtimes by:
- Checking stock and preparing food orders
- (Daytime) Taking mealtime orders from clients
- (Daytime) Laying the table in the downstairs dining room
- Refilling the fridge and cupboards in IPU
- Taking the food trolley with prepared food orders from kitchen to the IPU
- Laying and clearing the table in the IPU lounge
- Filling and emptying the dishwasher
- Chat with clients while they are eating, if they wish to do so
- Ensure that everything is tidied and put away before you leave
- Ensuring the kitchenette/dining area is kept tidy during your tour of duty
Shift duration: TBC
TBC Monday to Saturday
Responsible to: Kitchen Manager
- Good communication skills
- Ability to make people feel welcome and at home
- Able to work on own initiative
- Responsible individual with commitment to their work
- Team worker
- Friendly, reliable, trust worthy and honest
- Able to adhere to client confidentiality and boundaries at all times.
- Gain experience and knowledge of the voluntary sector.
- Develop knowledge of HIV and HIV related issues
- Build confidence and gain skills and experience that could be useful in the workplace – or with getting employment/changing career direction.
- Access ongoing training.
- Gain experience of working in a kitchen
- Meet new people and make new friends.