Your privacy is of the highest importance to us. The Sussex Beacon is committed to keeping your personal data safe and being transparent about what personal data we hold and how we use it.
This policy applies to the following websites owned by The Sussex Beacon:
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer by the browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox) that you use to visit a website. They are used to improve the performance of websites so they work more efficiently, for saving different options and to provide website owners with information on how their website is being used.
You can find further information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
There are four reasons cookies may be stored on your device when visiting a website owned by The Sussex Beacon:
- To enable the website to work correctly for you so you can use the online services provided;
- To remember your preferences and to make the website easier for you to use;
- To collect data about your use of our website which are anonymised and used to improve our website;
- Cookies are placed on our websites by the third parties whose services we use to enhance the information on our websites. We have no control over these third party cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential for you to be able to use certain key functions of our websites, such as registering in an event.
- Third party cookies – These cookies collect information if you use social media sites or share a page from our website. Some of our pages contain embedded content such as YouTube videos and Twitter & Facebook likes, so you may receive cookies from these websites.
Strictly necessary cookies
The strictly necessary cookies are detailed in the table below:
Strictly necessary cookies
|www.sussexbeacon.org.uk||cookieDisclaimer.AllowCookies||Remembers the users indication of whether or not cookies can be set||1 month|
|Stripe uses a cookie to remember who you are and to enable Attendly to process payments without storing any credit card information on its own servers.||1 year|
|Stripe uses a cookie to remember who you are and to enable Attendly to process payments without storing any credit card information on its own servers.||Per session|
|attendly-items-production||tracks how many tickets have been selected||Per session|
|attendly-pending-production||tracks the ticket types selected||Per session|
|attendly-session-production||tracks the Attendly session so we can keep this browser session in sync with the database/application.||Per session|
Third Party Cookies
The third party cookies are detailed in the table below:
Third party cookies
|www.sussexbeacon.org.uk and www.brightonhalfmarathon.com|
|This cookie allows users to share posts||2 years|
|Google Analytics||_ga, _gat_gtag_UA_*, _gid|
|Record visitor numbers and demographics in the aggregate||Per session or 2 years|
|_mixpanel||Used to record how visitors use the site so that improvements can be made||1 year|
|Enables live customer service chat via Zendesk||1 year|
Please be aware we cannot control third party cookies. You can block cookies via the settings on your browser, however this may limit your access to certain websites including our site. To understand more about these third party cookies and their privacy policies please visit the relevant websites below.
How to disable cookies on your browser
If you do not want to receive cookies from your browser, you can modify it so you receive notifications when cookies are captured or alternatively you can refuse acceptance of cookies altogether.
You can delete all cookies already captured by your browser.
You can make these modifications or delete your cookies through your browser settings. You can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org for further instructions.
Changes to this policy
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.