Who qualifies to give Gift Aid
- You must be a UK taxpayer who had paid UK Income or Capital Gains Tax that financial year.
- The tax you pay must be equivalent to or more than the amount of Gift Aid the charity will reclaim on your donations that tax year.
- You must have completed a Gift Aid declaration (this can be a separate form or a tick box on a sponsorship form or online donation platform) for the specific charity.
- Donations only qualify if they are not more than four times what you’ve paid in tax that year. If you stop paying enough tax, you must inform us.
- A donation made on behalf of someone else, a group of people or a company; Where the charity is contributing to their costs; or A donation made in return for goods, rights or services.
If you would like to make a Gift Aid declaration and cannot do so through JustGiving, our online donation forms or a sponsorship form, please get in touch for a form to complete and return.
Gift Aid cannot be claimed on:
- A donation made on behalf of someone else, a group of people or a
- Where the charity is contributing to their costs; or
- A donation made in return for goods, rights or services.
Want to find out more? Email us now!
email@example.com OR via our contact form below: