London to Brighton Cycle Ride
Cycle 55 miles for The Sussex Beacon in this epic ride from the streets of London to Brighton’s iconic seafront.
Each participant must pledge to raise a minimum of £150 for The Sussex Beacon. Each year, many participants raise over £1000 to support people living with HIV!
Begin in London before cycling along quiet country lanes passing through Mitcham, Carshalton, Chipstead, Banstead and Haywards Heath.
Then, test your endurance at the Ditchling Beacon – a mile long climb to the top of the South Downs with the reward of an incredible view!
By taking on the London to Brighton cycle ride for The Sussex Beacon, you are not only doing something amazing for yourself, but your victory will impact so many lives thereafter.
Every penny raised will help us to keep our vital services running for people living with HIV, so that those who need our care can receive outstanding medical treatment and emotional support from our specialist HIV doctors and nurses.
What you can expect when you join Team Beacon:
- A superb Team Beacon cycle jersey.
- Support and advice from our challenge events fundraiser to guide you through your fundraising efforts.
- A Team Beacon Fundraising pack containing useful information and resources.
- Access to our Team Beacon Facebook group where fellow challengers share local training runs and ride and fundraising tips, and are the first to hear of competitions and race day news.
If you register a Sussex Beacon place in the London to Brighton Cycle Ride, you agree to our following Terms and Conditions, and also the Terms and Conditions of the event:
- You commit to raising at least the minimum sponsorship of £150 for The Sussex Beacon for your participation in the London to Brighton Cycle Ride that year. If you are unable to meet the minimum sponsorship, you may choose to make up the balance yourself or you may lose your place.
- You acknowledge that The Sussex Beacon incur costs as a result of you taking part in this event (e.g. costs related to your place and the production and postage of your cycle jersey). The objective is to raise as much sponsorship as possible.
- You agree to make us aware as soon as possible, if you are no longer able to take part in the race, to ensure your place can still be filled by another participant and that we do not waste charity funds. Should you, for whatever reason, not use your place, all sponsorship forms and monies collected should be forwarded to The Sussex Beacon or returned to your sponsors. Any sponsorship money raised and received will be treated as donations unless your sponsors contact The Sussex Beacon directly for a refund.
- You agree to raise all money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the fundraising pack.
- You understand that Gift Aid is not included in your minimum sponsorship, but that any money raised from Gift Aid is a valuable bonus for The Sussex Beacon.
- All sponsorship money should be collected and paid to The Sussex Beacon no later than 1 month after the event.
- All funds raised in connection with The Sussex Beacon must be payable to The Sussex Beacon in sterling. Please convert pledges to sterling.
- The Sussex Beacon may, at its sole discretion, withdraw your place if it believes that it is the best interests of the charity to do so. This includes reasons such as, but not limited to, you have raised little or no funds for The Sussex Beacon before the event or you have used your place to raise funds for another charity. If we withdraw your charity place, you will not receive a refund, but will be offered the option to transfer to a general entry place (if registration is still open) if you pay the difference in fees.
- We will keep your details on our database so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us.
- The Sussex Beacon will contact you (via email and telephone) with fundraising support, competitions and race day information only in connection with your participation in the London to Brighton cycle ride.
We believe there is a legitimate interest in keeping you up to date with the work we are doing and letting you know how you can get involved. We will never sell or share your data with a third party. For details about how we use your data please go to https://www.sussexbeacon.org.uk/your-data/
You must opt out of all communications with The Sussex Beacon. You agree that we can use the personal information that you provide to us when registering for or in connection with the Event (and parent/guardian’s name where applicable):
- in the case of an emergency – the emergency contact details and medical information you provided may be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you.
- to compile reports on results of the Event to be published to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, permits or for any other purposes so required.
- to publish the Event results on our website after the Event.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and you may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from us or request that your information be removed from your website or corrected by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the unsubscribe link in such correspondence.