Skydive for Team Beacon
Jump from up to 13,500ft (2 miles!) above the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
Why? A sponsored skydive is a brilliant way to raise money for charity, as mightier challenges drum up more support and funds.
You will feel safe and secure in the experienced hands of the Army Parachute Association.
If you are up to the challenge, get in touch via email at Joanna.email@example.com to secure your place on the plane! Email us or give us a call on 01273 694222.
Need more information?
You will receive:
Dedicated support from our fundraising team, including a fundraising pack full of useful ideas, information and resources.
A Team Beacon T-shirt to wear during your skydive
Bring family and friends along with you on the day to watch your skydive and celebrate your huge achievement.
We also provide access to our Facebook Team Beacon Support Group for all supporters participating in challenge events for The Sussex Beacon.
What to expect when you join Team Beacon
- Support and advice from our challenge events fundraiser to guide you through your fundraising efforts.
- Team Beacon fundraising pack, view and download our e-pack here.
- Training advice as part of your preparation for the big day
- A fantastic Team Beacon technical challenge vest.
- Invitation to our Team Beacon Facebook Group.
You are welcome to visit The Sussex Beacon, to learn about the vital work our nurses, doctors and staff carry out every day to help people living with HIV, and find out exactly how your fundraising can impact our services.
We offer specialist care and support to people living with HIV.
Our inpatient and outpatient services help people living with HIV related illnesses, initiating new drug therapies or struggling with extreme side effects of HIV medication. The Sussex Beacon supports the whole person by addressing the physical, mental and social impact of HIV.
If you register a Sussex Beacon place on a Skydive, you agree to our following Terms and Conditions, and also the Terms and Conditions of the event:
- You commit to raising at least the minimum sponsorship of £400 for The Sussex Beacon for your participation in the skydive per event. If you are unable to meet the minimum sponsorship, you may choose to make up the balance yourself or you may lose your place.
- You acknowledge that The Sussex Beacon incur costs as a result of you taking part in this event (e.g. costs related to your place and the production and postage of your challenge vest). The objective is to raise as much sponsorship as possible.
- You agree to make us aware as soon as possible, if you are no longer able to take part in the race, to ensure your place can still be filled by another participant and that we do not waste charity funds. Should you, for whatever reason, not use your place, all sponsorship forms and monies collected should be forwarded to The Sussex Beacon or returned to your sponsors. Any sponsorship money raised and received will be treated as donations unless your sponsors contact The Sussex Beacon directly for a refund.
- You agree to raise all money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the fundraising pack.
- You understand that Gift Aid is not included in your minimum sponsorship, but that any money raised from Gift Aid is a valuable bonus for The Sussex Beacon.
- All sponsorship money should be collected and paid to The Sussex Beacon no later than 1 month after the event.
- All funds raised in connection with The Sussex Beacon must be payable to The Sussex Beacon in sterling. Please convert pledges to sterling.
- The Sussex Beacon may, at its sole discretion, withdraw your place if it believes that it is the best interests of the charity to do so. This includes reasons such as, but not limited to, you have raised little or no funds for The Sussex Beacon before the event or you have used your place to raise funds for another charity. If we withdraw your charity place, you will not receive a refund, but will be offered the option to transfer to a general entry place (if registration is still open) if you pay the difference in fees.
- We will keep your details on our database so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us.
- The Sussex Beacon will contact you (via email and telephone) with fundraising support, competitions and race day information only in connection with your participation in the Virgin Money London Marathon.
We believe there is a legitimate interest in keeping you up to date with the work we are doing and letting you know how you can get involved. We will never sell or share your data with a third party. For details about how we use your data please go to https://www.sussexbeacon.org.uk/your-data/
You must opt out of all communications with The Sussex Beacon. You agree that we can use the personal information that you provide to us when registering for or in connection with the Event (and parent/guardian’s name where applicable):
- in the case of an emergency – the emergency contact details and medical information you provided may be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you.
- to compile reports on results of the Event to be published to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, permits or for any other purposes so required.
- to publish the Event results on our website after the Event.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and you may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from us or request that your information be removed from your website or corrected by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the unsubscribe link in such correspondence.
If you are up to the challenge, get in touch to secure your place on the plane!
Email us or give us a call on 01273 694222.