The Virgin London Marathon
Arguably the world’s most iconic running event, The Virgin Money London Marathon is a huge challenge both in terms of training and fundraising – which is why it is such an unforgettable experience.
Apply for a Golden Bond place in the Virgin Money London Marathon taking place on Sunday 28 April 2019
Running a marathon is one of the biggest challenges a person can take on, requiring months of training, dedicated time and motivation. Team Beacon provides a support network of fellow runners and dedicated staff who will be there to motivate and support you throughout your journey from the moment you sign up, to ensure you reach that start line ready for the klaxon!
By running the London Marathon for The Sussex Beacon, you are not only doing something amazing for yourself, but your victory will impact so many lives thereafter. Every penny raised will help us to keep our vital services running for people living with HIV, so that those who need our care can receive outstanding medical treatment and emotional support from our specialist HIV doctors and nurses.
In the last two years, 8 fantastic runners have completed the London Marathon with Team Beacon and have raised over £11,500. Without these inspiring Team Beacon heroes, we may not have been able to provide care to those who needed us. We cannot thank them enough for their kindness, courage and determination to do something extraordinary for others. Alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much!
We now welcome applications to join Team Beacon and run in the London Marathon 2019 for us. We ask each runner to fundraise a minimum of £1500 (excluding Gift Aid) for The Sussex Beacon. Please only apply if you are committed to fundraising at least this amount.
We understand for many this is a very large commitment to make, that’s why our challenge events fundraiser will be on hand to support you throughout your journey, to arm you with ideas, resources and tips. If you would like to join Team Beacon in a running event, but feel this fundraising commitment is too large a promise, we have places in other marathons and half marathons with smaller fundraising targets. Further information can be found on our website or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to help find the ideal event for you.
To request a paper form, please contact email@example.com. Applications close midnight on 24 January 2019, however we will allocate places as successful applications are received and therefore the team may be filled before this date.
Please note: If your application is successful you will be asked to pay a £75 registration fee to secure your place.
Already have a place in the marathon?
If you are lucky enough to gain a place in the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon ballot and would like to run for The Sussex Beacon we would love to hear from you. Please contact our challenge events fundraiser at firstname.lastname@example.org to join Team Beacon in the Virgin Money London Marathon.
What to expect when you join Team Beacon
- A complimentary place in the Brighton Half Marathon on 24 February 2019 as preparation for the race and to introduce you to Team Beacon. This sell out race is widely known for its flat seaside course. It is brilliant for gaining a personal best time and fits perfectly into a marathon training plan.
- An invitation to our Brighton Team Beacon meet up in February (last year we took our runners for a ride on the British Airways i360!)
- Support and advice from our challenge events fundraiser to guide you through your fundraising efforts.
- A Team Beacon Challenge Events Fundraising pack containing useful information and resources.
- Access to our Team Beacon Facebook group where fellow runners share local training runs, training and fundraising tips and are the first to hear of competitions and race day news.
- A fantastic Team Beacon technical running vest