What Will You Gain From Volunteering?
Everyone’s reasons for volunteering may be different and we are grateful that you are giving us your time.
Whether you have a skill to share, feel like trying something new, or want to meet new people we have a volunteering role for everyone.
In return, we want to make sure that your experience with us is rewarding and enjoyable!
By volunteering for us, you can expect to:
- Be part of a well-loved charity supporting the local community
- Join an open and friendly work environment which values and supports you
- A massive confidence boost
- Gain new skills that will enhance your CV and improve job opportunities
- Meet new people from all paths of life
- Have fun!
- Make a difference and experience something new
- Share your knowledge and skills
I’ve been volunteering with The Sussex Beacon for almost 2 years now.
My role is that of a general handy man. I repair any broken furniture we might get. I help decorate any seasonal windows for both shops and upcycle old furniture to make sure that we don’t waste any donations and give the Sussex Beacon a real good USP.
When visiting the shop as a customer in the past, I could tell the staff where a great bunch of people. I feel strongly about the charity and the great work The Sussex Beacon does.
I knew then I wanted to be part of that team although I had very little self-confidence and was unsure on how I could help out, I was still eager to join the team and get involved.
The thing I like the most about volunteering are the friendships I’ve made.
My role gives me great satisfaction and I am proud that I work for the Beacon as a Volunteer. This experience has truly changed my life. I feel valued and respected. I look forward to many more years of volunteering for such an amazing charity.