Types of Volunteering
There are many ways you can support the Sussex Beacon by volunteering your time. Opportunities include:
- Retail volunteering in one of our charity shops
- Helping out on our van, collecting and delivering donations
- Fielding calls and helping on our reception desk
- Maintaining The Sussex Beacon’s lovely gardens by joining our team of volunteer gardeners
- Helping with serving meals in our gorgeous dining room or in the Inpatient Unit
- Supporting the Women and Families Service
- Office and admin volunteering
I have been a volunteer here for over 2.5 years. My role is based at The Sussex Beacon’s busy reception desk. I take phone calls, direct callers to the appropriate departments, receive visitors and bring a bit of fun to the department!
I decided to become a volunteer because I wanted to give back to the community.
I really enjoy meeting and greeting visitors. The staff are delightful too!
Sam – Volunteer Receptionist