Types of Volunteering
There are many ways you can support the Sussex Beacon
Volunteering your time helps people living with HIV.
- Helping out on our van, collecting and delivering donations
- Fielding calls and helping on our reception desk
- Helping with serving meals in our gorgeous dining room or in the Inpatient Unit
- Providing therapeutic massage for our inpatients and outpatients (qualified therapist only)
- Office and admin volunteering (previous experience preferred)
Volunteer across Brighton
Sam – Volunteer Receptionist
I have been a volunteer here for more than 3 years.
My volunteer role is based at The Sussex Beacon’s busy reception desk.
I take phone calls and direct callers to the appropriate departments. I also receive visitors and bring a bit of fun to the department!
My reason for becoming a volunteer was simple. I wanted to give back to the community.
I really enjoy meeting and greeting visitors. The staff are delightful too!