To Provide transport for clients coming to stay from outside the area from their home address and return. To when necessary provide transport for inpatients and outpatients to and from The Sussex Beacon for medical appointments within the Brighton and Hove area, both accompanied by a member of staff and unaccompanied. To provide transport for clients within Brighton and Hove who would otherwise be unable to access the Day Service or Women’s Service.
IPU Team Manager & Manager of Health Management Services
Enhanced DBS: Required
Working with others
Excellent face to face communication skills.
Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
Able to work on own and as part of a team.
Able to communicate tactfully but assertively .
Honest, friendly and respectful to clients , staff and other volunteers.
To maintain confidentiality at all times.
Open to learning
Able to ask for support when needed.
To be reliable and punctual. You will be under no obligation to provide transport at any particular time but, once you have committed to the task, we will expect you to be present and available at the time agreed.
- Gain experience and knowledge of the voluntary sector.
- Build confidence and gain experience that may assist with gaining employment.
- Become part of Team Beacon, our group of loyal supporters.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Valid driver’s license with no penalty points.
- Current enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (we can organise this free of charge if you do not have one)
- An understanding of the limitations experienced by some clients, such as mobility and hearing loss and vision.