You will support and assist the Sussex Beacon in the day to day cleaning and laundry services within the Housekeeping department. The Sussex Beacon provides specialist care and assistance for people living with HIV including an inpatient unit and support services.
- Task areas include the cleaning of clinical, administrative and support services – to include client areas, offices, toilets, bathrooms and communal areas.
- To undertake laundry duties as and when required, including processing of soiled laundry and ironing.
- The Housekeepers take individual responsibility for ensuring a safe and healthy environment for self and others as required by H&S legislation and local policy.
- To provide a high quality cost effective housekeeping service.
- To ensure customer (staff and client) satisfaction with standards delivered.
- Ensure safe practices are adhered to at all times.
- Liaising effectively and empathetically with clients and visitors.
You must have experience in a similar role, working within a similar environment (preferably healthcare), a flexible approach, a meticulous and conscientious approach to work undertaken. empathy towards the issues of HIV, and a flexible and adaptable approach to work demands.
You will need to be available to work 5 x 5.5 hr shifts on a rota basis including one weekend shift. Shifts are 8am-2pm on 4 weekdays and one at weekends.
We offer a generous annual leave entitlement, free parking and a subsidised cafeteria.
Part-time hours: 27.5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50 per hour
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)
- cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
Apply via email at HR@sussexbeacon.org.uk