Salary up to £20 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time or full-time RN/RMN to join our community hospital.
You will have an interest in HIV, mental health and/or other long-term chronic health conditions.
We are looking for a flexible practitioner, who is willing to expand your knowledge of HIV and related conditions.
You should have an interest in engaging on 1:2:1 level with your patients building rapport and exploring the challenges they encounter as someone living with HIV.
The Sussex Beacon is one of the UK’s best established and well-known HIV charities. Based in Brighton, we have a 10-bed hospital and provide community services for people living with HIV in Sussex and beyond. We offer attractive salaries and benefits.
- Work within The NMC Code 2015 of professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses and midwives.
- Gain further experience and skills in clinical practice with support from CTL.
- Take the lead, with support of CTL, in a specific clinical project or clinical area e.g. as a link nurse, with a view to maintaining high clinical standards and further develop IPU services
- Gain further experience in facilitating CSW training and development and in teaching.
- Maintain effective communication within and external to the IPU team.
- Work with student nurses as a mentor or associate mentor.
- To maintain a safe care environment, recognising and managing risks.
- To assess client physical, psychological, social and spiritual care needs.
- To develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for each client/ patient.
- To deliver high quality clinical and supportive care which is research based and in line with best practice.
- To provide health promotion and behavioural support to patients as per care plan
- To participate in multi-disciplinary care and case management of clients on the IPU.
- To assist in establishing and monitoring protocols / care pathways.
- To plan effective client discharge for individuals, in liaison with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies / professionals.
- To maintain accurate client records and documentation.
- To ensure patient confidentiality.
- To administer drugs and medication in accordance with Sussex Beacon policy and procedure guidelines, and within the scope of professional practice and regulations.
This is an important role in an essential charity. The post holder will be committed to working with people living with HIV to improve their lives.
We provide employee benefits; 27 days annual leave (pro rata for part-time people) plus bank holidays), free food, free car parking and the ability to work flexibly.
The Sussex Beacon is working toward being a centre of excellence and being a learning organisation is central to that aim. We encourage applications for people from across the community, including those living with HIV.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com