Date: Friday 24th May 2019, 9am-5pm
Location: Martin Fisher Room, The Sussex Beacon, Bevendean Road, Brighton BN2 4DE
This one day workshop will provide both theoretical and practical training on the delivery of clinical supervision in health care settings.
It will be a fun and engaging day using a variety of learning methods, predominantly aimed at new supervisors but also as a refresher for more experienced supervisors.
The training will be delivered by: Matthew Barker, Deputy Chief Nurse NHS Trust & Clinical Director at The Sussex Beacon Juliet Bennett, Practice Educator & Specialist Nurse Advisor
By the end of the training day participants will
- understand the purpose, aims & benefits of clinical supervision
- understand the risks and challenges for supervisors & strategies for dealing with these.
- feel more confident in delivering effective clinical supervision
- be able to describe a range of models for clinical supervision
- recognise when coaching and mentoring interventions are necessary
- understand their emergent personal learning needs and have a plan to address these
It is important that participants are willing to contribute to discussion and simulation practice / role play and to reflect in-depth on your experience.
Cost: £85 for early bird booking by the 26th April then from 27th April £150 + VAT per participant
Refreshments and lunch will be provided
To register, please complete and submit the booking form below. We have up to 12 places so do return the form above at your earliest convenience.
If you have any questions, please email Matthew Barker: firstname.lastname@example.org