Job Title: Corporate and Events Fundraiser
Reports to: Fundraising Manager
Salary: £25-28,000 – depending on the experience
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Plan and implement a programme of challenge events throughout the year
- Build new funding from local corporate sources
- With colleagues, to run the community fundraising programme of the Sussex Beacon
The Sussex Beacon raises a significant amount of funds each year from challenge events. The postholder will devise the programme of events, recruit fundraisers and administer the relationships between fundraisers, experience providers and The Sussex Beacon.
The Brighton Half Marathon is owned by The Sussex Beacon. The postholder will be responsible for the recruitment of Sussex Beacon runners in the event and the organisation of their support before, during and after the event.
The Sussex Beacon has a base of community supporters, including entertainment venues, retail outlets and members of the public. The postholder will be responsible for maintaining the relationship with community supporters and growing their number.
This will include the monitoring of collection boxes, the organisation of events alongside partners and maintaining contact with supportive members of the public.
The postholder will be responsible for making links to potential corporate partners, sponsors and fundraisers.
This is an area that we have identified for further development.
Each area of work will be subject to targets for donors, funds raised and activity. These will be agreed with, and monitored by, the Fundraising Manager.
The postholder will form and maintain close working relationships with other members of the fundraising team. They will work closely with the team delivering the Brighton Half Marathon.
The postholder will need to establish positive relationships with key donors and potential donors.
They will also need to generate and maintain interest from supporters in The Sussex Beacon’s events programmes.
- At least 3 years fundraising experience with proven success in meeting targets.
- Experience in running challenge events.
- Track record of successful community and events fundraising.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of social media to support activity.
- Ability to represent and personify the work and values of the charity.
- Ability to plan and manage own time.
- Ability to take decisions and use initiative.
- Energy and the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge/experience of corporate fundraising
- Knowledge of HIV and of people living with HIV
We look forward to hearing from you.