Choose your challenge
Dates: 27th March 2021
26 miles (42 km) looped walk, starting & finishing at The Oval Cricket Ground in Vauxhall. The route heads west initially – then through Central London with a Rest Stop, before looping out east to Southwark Park for a welcome 2nd Rest Stop. Then it’s back along the Thames taking in some of its historic bridges. Half marathon option also available!
Ultra Challenge Series
Push Yourself Further with 9 great events in 2020-2021
The Sussex Beacon is delighted to be a listed charity for the Ultra Challenge Series, featuring the popular South Coast Challenge.
Take part in an event and route of your choice, to raise vital funds for The Sussex Beacon in support of people living with HIV.
Are you a regular walker and new to endurance events? Perhaps a seasoned trekker looking for testing adventures? Or even a marathon runner wanting to ‘up’ your distance? Whether it’s along magnificent coastal scenery, or in stunning open countryside, there’s an Ultra Challenge for you.
Walk, Jog or Run at YOUR pace on the Ultra Challenge Series event of your choice. Join 20,000 others in 2019 of all ages and experience for an unforgettable Challenge. It will be rewarding, fun, and absolutely achievable with your resolve and determination alongside first class support.
Push yourself further – 100km Full Challenge, with Half & Quarter options also available.
More information about your Ultra Challenge
Choose your fundraising option
Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
- Full Challenge – £15 reg fee + £595 in fundraising
- Half Challenge – £10 reg fee + £395 in fundraising
- Quarter Challenge – £5 reg fee + £245 in fundraising
Mixed Funding – pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place and fundraise to a more achievable target .
- Full Challenge – £99 reg fee + £299 in fundraising
- Half Challenge – £64.50 reg fee + £199 in fundraising
- Quarter Challenge – £39.50 reg fee + £119 in fundraising
Find out more about the route, support, hospitality and choose your challenge at www.ultrachallenge.com
We provide support along the way from our dedicated Challenge Events Fundraiser, as well as a technical Team Beacon running vest.
You’ll get full support and hospitality all the way, leaving you to focus on your challenge!
- Walk it, Jog it, or Run it
- Join as Individual or Team
- 100km Challenge, half or 1/4 challenge options
- Rest stops – free food & drink
- ALL meals/ food included!
- Medics, massage, and pace walkers
- Medal, T shirt, glass of bubbly!
- Walk at Your pace – 24 hours+
- Run or jog – set a new goal!
- 2 Day Full ‘Daylight’ option
- Camping options available
- Pre-event training support + app
We also provide access to our Facebook Team Beacon Runners Support Group for all supporters participating in running events for The Sussex Beacon.
What to expect when you join Team Beacon
- Support and advice from our challenge events fundraiser to guide you through your fundraising efforts.
- Team Beacon fundraising pack, view and download our e-pack here.
- Training advice as part of your preparation for the big day
- A fantastic Team Beacon technical running vest.
- Invitation to our Team Beacon Facebook Group.
You are welcome to visit The Sussex Beacon, to learn about the vital work our nurses, doctors and staff carry out every day to help people living with HIV, and find out exactly how your fundraising can impact our services.
We offer specialist care and support to people living with HIV.
Our inpatient and outpatient services help people living with HIV related illnesses, initiating new drug therapies or struggling with extreme side effects of HIV medication. The Sussex Beacon supports the whole person by addressing the physical, mental and social impact of HIV.
If you register a Sussex Beacon place in an Ultra Challenge event, you agree to our following Terms and Conditions, and also the Terms and Conditions of the event:
- You commit to raising at least the minimum sponsorship for The Sussex Beacon for your participation in the Ultra Marathon challenge (per event you participate in). If you are unable to meet the minimum sponsorship, you may choose to make up the balance yourself or you may lose your place.
- You acknowledge that The Sussex Beacon incur costs as a result of you taking part in this event (e.g. costs related to your place and the production and postage of your running vest). The objective is to raise as much sponsorship as possible.
- You agree to make us aware as soon as possible, if you are no longer able to take part in the race, to ensure your place can still be filled by another participant and that we do not waste charity funds. Should you, for whatever reason, not use your place, all sponsorship forms and monies collected should be forwarded to The Sussex Beacon or returned to your sponsors. Any sponsorship money raised and received will be treated as donations unless your sponsors contact The Sussex Beacon directly for a refund.
- You agree to raise all money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the fundraising pack.
- You understand that Gift Aid is not included in your minimum sponsorship, but that any money raised from Gift Aid is a valuable bonus for The Sussex Beacon.
- All sponsorship money should be collected and paid to The Sussex Beacon no later than 1 month after the event.
- All funds raised in connection with The Sussex Beacon must be payable to The Sussex Beacon in sterling. Please convert pledges to sterling.
- The Sussex Beacon may, at its sole discretion, withdraw your place if it believes that it is the best interests of the charity to do so. This includes reasons such as, but not limited to, you have raised little or no funds for The Sussex Beacon before the event or you have used your place to raise funds for another charity. If we withdraw your charity place, you will not receive a refund, but will be offered the option to transfer to a general entry place (if registration is still open) if you pay the difference in fees.
- We will keep your details on our database so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us.
- The Sussex Beacon will contact you (via email and telephone) with fundraising support, competitions and race day information only in connection with your participation in the Ultra Challenge.
We believe there is a legitimate interest in keeping you up to date with the work we are doing and letting you know how you can get involved. We will never sell or share your data with a third party. For details about how we use your data please go to https://www.sussexbeacon.org.uk/your-data/
You must opt out of all communications with The Sussex Beacon. You agree that we can use the personal information that you provide to us when registering for or in connection with the Event (and parent/guardian’s name where applicable):
- in the case of an emergency – the emergency contact details and medical information you provided may be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you.
- to compile reports on results of the Event to be published to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, permits or for any other purposes so required.
- to publish the Event results on our website after the Event.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and you may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from us or request that your information be removed from your website or corrected by emailing us at email@example.com or clicking on the unsubscribe link in such correspondence.