Role Description: Volunteer Challenge Events Fundraising Assistant
Responsible to: Challenge Events Fundraiser
To assist the Challenge Events Fundraiser to support participants in challenge events fundraising for The Sussex Beacon. This volunteer role is a fantastic opportunity to become part of the Fundraising Team at The Sussex Beacon, a vibrant and enjoyable place to work. The charity is made up of both paid staff and volunteers who without we simply wouldn’t exist. All funds raised help us to continue providing specialist medical care and support for people living with HIV.
To assist the Challenge Events Fundraiser in supporting runners participating in The Grand Brighton Half Marathon and other running events. Specific duties will include:
- Data inputting into spreadsheets, our CRM system and Mailchimp;
- Responding to and sending emails to supporters;
- Packaging running vests to be posted to individual runners;
- Writing personal Christmas cards to send to runners;
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of supporter engagement events in Brighton;
- Monitoring social media channels;
- Calling runners to encourage fundraising and offer support;
- Writing blog articles about our runners for our website;
- Other administrative duties; and
- Optional: Volunteer at The Grand Brighton Half Marathon and supporter engagement events in Brighton (some may be during the evening).
- You must be confident in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- We are looking for someone with highly competent telephone skills.
- Experience using Mailchimp is preferred but training will be provided.
- Open to learning new software when needed.
Working with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people from all different backgrounds.
- Comfortable working on your own or part of a team.
- Ability to use own initiative but able to ask for support when needed.
- To be reliable and flexible.
- Willingness to assist with other fundraising events.
- Honest and friendly to other volunteers, staff, supporters and members of the public.
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
Benefits of the role:
This is a brilliant opportunity to gain experience in the third sector, particularly fundraising and events, whilst being a vital part of our charity helping people living with HIV. Volunteers can claim back transport costs up to the value of a City Saver Bus Ticket per day travelling to The Sussex Beacon. We offer a fantastic hot or cold subsidised lunch for just £1.50.
Duration: At least 1 day per week until the end of March.
Start date: Thursday 22th November (flexible).
Location: Fundraising, The Sussex Beacon, 10 Bevendean Road, Brighton, BN2 4DE.
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview, on Thursday 15th November 2018. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants, but if you haven't heard from us by Monday 12th November 2018 you have not been successful in your application.
Thank you for your support.