We're looking for a Vounteer Complementary Therapist. Please have a read of the description below and contact our Volunteer and Reception Coordinator, Jan:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 694222 to register your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!
Role: Volunteer Complementary Therapist
Responsible to: Volunteer Coordinator, IPU and Outpatient Managers
Time Commitment: Variable
To offer complementary massage and reflexology therapy sessions to outpatient and inpatient clients of the Sussex Beacon. When available to additionally offer therapies to Sussex Beacon staff for nominal fee of £10 per session.
- To maintain client and staff confidentiality at all times.
- To offer complementary therapy sessions on a regular basis as agreed with staff.
- Liaise with IPU and outpatient staff as necessary.
- To be aware that there are no contraindications for the patient receiving therapy.
- To maintain clear, concise accurate treatment records.
- To report any concerns about clients to the appropriate manager.
- To involved in the evaluation of the offered therapy.
- To follow policies as set out by Complementary Therapy Institute and the Sussex Beacon.
- To keep the therapy room tidy.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Able to work on own or as part of a team.
- Non judgemental towards clients and staff.
- Committed to ongoing personal development.
- Able to ask for support when needed.
- To be reliable and commit to shifts over a sustained period of time.
- Able to direct enquires to the correct person or area.
Benefits of the Role:
- Gain experience and knowledge of the voluntary sector.
- Develop Knowledge of HIV and HIV related issues.
- Be part of an expanding team of Sussex Beacon volunteers.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Subsidised meal £1.50
Skills and Experience:
- Be a fully qualified and experienced therapist, you must hold ITEC, IIHHT, IST or equivalent.
- Willing to provide 2 professional references.
- Have or be willing to apply for an enhanced DBS.
- Understanding of personal / professional boundaries.
- The ability to listen to people.
- Understanding of different cultures.
- The volunteer Coordinator and other Managers will be available for debriefs and support.
Induction: We provide any training you may require to carry out your role. You will receive an induction when you start.
Required: Enhanced DBS