Trusts Fundraiser Position - 12 month contract
Trusts Fundraiser Position- 12 month contract
We are looking for an experienced and resourceful Trusts and Grants fundraiser to join the small team at the Sussex Beacon. You will be responsible for assisting the Fundraising Manager in working on small and large grant programmes. The Beacon already has an established set of supportive Trusts and we will be looking for someone who can maximise and improve on these current relationships while building new ones.
You will need 2 years experience of fundraising and a proven record of meeting targets. You will be a strong communicator who is able to work within a small team.
Due to the current situation with regards to social distancing you may be required to split working between the office and at home so a degree of flexibility would be desirable.
The Sussex Beacon provides 27 days paid leave, plus bank holidays, to all staff. We provide a contributory pension scheme. We are a Living Wage Employer.
We encourage applications from any suitably qualified/experienced person regardless of HIV status, gender, age, race, sexual orientation or disability.
Manager of Fundraising Team
37.5 hrs per week
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 FTE – Dependent on experience of candidate
12 month contract: £24,000 – £28,000
Closing date: 5pm Friday 14th August
Interview date: 20th/21st August
- Assist the Fundraising Manager in managing the charity’s grant giving function, enforcing our Grant Giving Policy in order to effectively meet the needs of our beneficiaries
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to develop new grants streams
- Keep up to date with issues affecting people living with HIV and new funding opportunities to support them
- Assist where needed with the provision of other Sussex Beacon events such as The Brighton Half Marathon.
- Assist with the managing the Grants spreadsheet and make reasoned approval recommendations to the Fundraising Manager about the awarding of grants
- Ensure that all grants are logged correctly onto our funding database
- Knowledge of the charity and grant making sector
- Ability to handle large-scale projects effectively and efficiently
- Excellent judgment and a strong sense of empathy towards people living with HIV
- Excellent communication skills with proven report writing experience
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to work independently
- A confident team player with a positive outlook who is able to engage and build rapport with colleagues and respect other team members, their time and their workloads
- Strong listener and effective communicator with a very patient and understanding nature
- Very high attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Ability to manage time and a heavy workload effectively in a very fast-paced, high-energy growing and ever-changing environment
- Resilient and positive even in uncomfortable or negative situations
- Team player willing to step out of comfort zone and complete tasks even when not stated in job description as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven experience of grant making
- Experience of using Thank Q
- Some events experience
About The Sussex Beacon
The Sussex Beacon exists to support and care for people facing the challenges of living with HIV. Based in Brighton we service communities across Sussex.
We provide a 10-bed hospital for people requiring intensive, specialist care and treatment. This includes crisis prevention, post-operative rehabilitation and management of long-term conditions, including mental ill health.
We also provide a range of health management services for people who either visit the Sussex Beacon or who we see in the community. These services include supportive groupwork and case work, exercise classes and a peer mentorship scheme.
The Sussex Beacon is a charity and we raise about 60% of the funds needed to run the charity through public fundraising and trusts and foundations. We also have two charity shops in Brighton.