Community Fundraiser *VACANCY*
You will be responsible for our community fundraising and In memoriam initiatives. You will be a positive influencer and an engaging communicator.
You must have the skills required to build successful partnerships with key stakeholders, including local businesses and societies, in order to maximise fundraising opportunities and income generation for the Beacon.
Working alongside the Fundraising Manager you will also play an active part in our planned community events for 2022.
You will also be an empathetic individual in your communications with patients and relatives, ensuring sensitivity and confidentiality at all times.
A degree of flexibility will be required in this role including occasional weekends and evenings when required.
There will be the opportunity for the hours of the role to be increased in the future
22.5 hrs per week
Salary: £24,000 pro rata (dependent on experience)
In depth knowledge of fundraising principles, methods and procedures.
• Experience of liaising with and managing relationships with donors.
• Communication and engagement skills across diverse stakeholder groups, networks and sectors using both verbal and written communication.
• Ability to communicate the role of The Sussex Beacon to a wider audience.
• Experience of a range of social media platforms
• Experience of team work and working in partnership with others.
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office programmes, Microsoft Access, Internet, Email, Teams, Zoom)
• Experience of writing reports, maintaining records and carrying out administrative tasks to a high standard, both written and electronic