Team Beacon are tackling new heights in March 2019 in an epic abseil challenge!
On the morning of Sunday 24 March 2019, ten thrill-seeking supporters will enjoy a flight on the British Airways i360, before stepping out of the doors and abseiling 450 feet down to the ground. Described as the most exhilarating experience on the South Coast, the iDrop participants will take in breath-taking coastal views and land on Brighton’s iconic seafront.
If you are looking for a truly memorable experience, to take on a unique challenge and raise vital finds for a local HIV charity in the process, this is the event for you.
“Everything in your body is telling you stay in the pod; you’re 450ft in the air! It’s an adrenalinerush, I enjoyed it, and it’s something you can say you’ve done for the rest ofyour life” Chris Eubank Jr, professional boxer
The experienced and trained team at Wire and Sky will ensure you enjoy every minute of your iDrop, keeping you safe every step of the way until your feet are firmly on solid ground.
Secure your place
To join Team Beacon in this epic abseil challenge, please get in touch with our ChallengeEvents Fundraiser, Rosie, at email@example.com or call 01273 034800.
Places cost £95 per person and we ask each participant to fundraise a minimum of £500 for The Sussex Beacon. This amount could provide a vital package of care for a person living with HIV who may be struggling with a new diagnosis, starting new medication or recovering from HIV related treatment. Most of all, the funds you raise could provide a safe, comforting place for a patient in their time of need.
What to expect when joining Team Beacon
Each brave challenger will receive support from the moment they sign up from our dedicated Fundraising Team! If you sign up, you will also receive:
- A fantastic fundraising pack full of useful information and printable resources;
- An invitation to a Team Beacon meet-up on the British Airways i360 to check out the location in early February and meet your team mates;
- Team Beacon T-shirt; and
- Access to the Team Beacon Facebook group to ask fellow fundraisers and challengers questions about their experiences and top tips.
To take part in Team Beacon’s i360 iDrop Challenge, participants must fulfil the following criteria set by Wire and Sky for safety reasons:
- Be over 14 years of age (parental consent required if under 18).
- Be over 1.2 metres in height.
- Be less than 19 stone (120kg) in weight.
- Be able to wear a harness which has a maximum width waist of 130 cm and a maximum upper thigh width of 75cm.
- Not be suffering from any medical condition that may put your health & safety, or that of others, at risk.
- Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Sign a declaration before participation.
For more information on this, please visit the Wire and Sky website.