London to Brighton Cycle Ride
Cycle 55 miles for The Sussex Beacon in this epic ride from London to Brightons iconic seafront.
Event website: www.londonbrightoncycle.co.uk (For information only. For registration, please use the link below.)
Begin in London before cycling along quiet country lanes passing through Mitcham, Carshalton, Chipstead, Banstead and Haywards Heath. Then test your endurance at the Ditchling Beacon – a mile long climb to the top of the South Downs where you will be rewarded with amazing views!
Any questions? Contact our Challenge Events Fundraising at email@example.com.
What to expect when you join Team Beacon
- A superb Team Beacon cycle jersey.
- Support and advice from our challenge events fundraiser to guide you through your fundraising efforts.
- A Team Beacon Fundraising pack containing useful information and resources.
- Access to our Team Beacon Facebook group where fellow challengers share local training runs and ride and fundraising tips, and are the first to hear of competitions and race day news.
Terms & Conditions
If you register a Sussex Beacon place in the London to Brighton Cycle Ride 2019, you agree to our following Terms and Conditions, and also the Terms and Conditions of the event:
- You commit to raising at least the minimum sponsorship of £150 for The Sussex Beacon for your participation in the London to Brighton Cycle Ride 2019. If you are unable to meet the minimum sponsorship, you may choose to make up the balance yourself or you may lose your place.
- You acknowledge that The Sussex Beacon incur costs as a result of you taking part in this event (e.g. costs related to your place and the production and postage of your cycle jersey). The objective is to raise as much sponsorship as possible.
- You agree to make us aware as soon as possible, if you are no longer able to take part in the race, to ensure your place can still be filled by another participant and that we do not waste charity funds. Should you, for whatever reason, not use your place, all sponsorship forms and monies collected should be forwarded to The Sussex Beacon or returned to your sponsors. Any sponsorship money raised and received will be treated as donations unless your sponsors contact The Sussex Beacon directly for a refund.
- You agree to raise all money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the fundraising pack.
- You understand that Gift Aid is not included in your minimum sponsorship, but that any money raised from Gift Aid is a valuable bonus for The Sussex Beacon.
- All sponsorship money should be collected and paid to The Sussex Beacon no later than 1 month after the event.
- All funds raised in connection with The Sussex Beacon must be payable to The Sussex Beacon in sterling. Please convert pledges to sterling.
- The Sussex Beacon may, at its sole discretion, withdraw your place if it believes that it is the best interests of the charity to do so. This includes reasons such as, but not limited to, you have raised little or no funds for The Sussex Beacon before the event or you have used your place to raise funds for another charity. If we withdraw your charity place, you will not receive a refund, but will be offered the option to transfer to a general entry place (if registration is still open) if you pay the difference in fees.
- We will keep your details on our database so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us.
- The Sussex Beacon will contact you (via email and telephone) with fundraising support, competitions and race day information only in connection with your participation in the London to Brighton cycle ride 2019. The Sussex Beacon will only contact you with marketing information if you consent to receive our email newsletter.