Bank Housekeeper *VACANCY*
To support the Head Housekeeper and help in the day to day cleaning and laundry services within the Housekeeping department.
Ensuring the agreed quality standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met in line with local policy.
Operations Manager / Head Housekeeper
Bank (Zero Hours)
Salary: £9.30 per hour
Closing date: 25th January 2021
- Task areas include the cleaning of clinical, administrative and support services – to include client areas, offices, toilets, bathrooms and communal areas.
- To undertake laundry duties daily, including processing of soiled laundry and ironing.
- The Housekeepers will take individual responsibility for ensuring a safe and healthy environment for self and others as required by H&S legislation and local policy. This is not an exhaustive list and the post holder will be expected to demonstrate a reasonable level of flexibility in accordance with the needs of the Beacon and its clients.
- Help in organising weekly rotas, including holiday cover, cleaning logs, timesheets
- Help in ordering of Housekeeping products
- Assist with stock taking
- Working within Housekeeping Budget
- Assist in doing monthly Audits and recording of findings
- Liaising with infection control team (IPU) and attending regular meetings
- A flexible approach
- Empathy towards the issues of HIV
- Meticulous and conscientious approach to work
- Must be fit to undertake the requirements of the role
- Must be able to interact effectively and responsively with other departments
- To demonstrate an empathetic, confidential, tolerant and understanding approach to the needs of the clients.
- To make use of managerial support and supervision, and to access appropriate training and development opportunities
- To work as part of the Sussex Beacon Team
- To work in accordance with the Sussex Beacon policies and procedures
- To undertake any other duties that may within reason be required from time to time.
About The Sussex Beacon
The Sussex Beacon exists to support and care for people facing the challenges of living with HIV. Based in Brighton we service communities across Sussex.
We provide a 10-bed hospital for people requiring intensive, specialist care and treatment. This includes crisis prevention, post-operative rehabilitation and management of long-term conditions, including mental ill health.
We also provide a range of health management services for people who either visit the Sussex Beacon or who we see in the community. These services include supportive groupwork and case work, exercise classes and a peer mentorship scheme.
The Sussex Beacon is a charity and we raise about 60% of the funds needed to run the charity through public fundraising and trusts and foundations. We also have two charity shops in Brighton.