Bank Chef *VACANCY*
To support the Head Chef with the smooth running of the catering facilities.
In the absence of the Head Chef to take responsibility, in liaison with the catering team/Operations Manager, for the day-to-day operation of the catering services and staff.
Operations Manager / Head Chef
Bank (Zero Hours)
Salary: £9.81 per hour
Closing date: 25th January 2021
- To provide a high- quality, cost effective catering service, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- To provide basic dietary advice appropriate to clients needs to nursing staff and patients, within scope of own job knowledge.
- Ensure safe practices are adhered to, at all times.
- Assist with monitoring service delivery via the use of patient questionnaires, word of mouth and regular reviews – under instruction of Head Chef/Operations Manager
- Personal skills, flexible approach and ability to carry out the responsibilities of the role in accordance with the needs of the role description and objectives
- Able to ensure the continued delivery of the service in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures, legislative (H&S) requirements and recognised good practice.
- Meticulous and conscientious approach to work undertaken
- Demonstrable understanding and empathy towards the issues around death and dying and of AIDS/HIV.
- Must be fit to undertake the requirements of the role
- Must be able to interact effectively and responsively with other departments and staff
- To demonstrate an empathetic, confidential, tolerant, and understanding approach to the needs of the clients.
- To make use of managerial support and supervision, and to access appropriate training and development opportunities.
- To work as a part of The Sussex Beacon Team
- To work in accordance with The Sussex Beacon policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other duties that may within reason be required from time to time.
This list is not exhaustive, and the post holder will be expected to demonstrate a flexible
approach and the ability to carry out the responsibilities of the role in accordance with the needs of the Sussex Beacon.
The post holder may be required to carry out other tasks within the remit of this role and the Sussex Beacon reserves the right to adapt this job description in consultation with the post holder.
About The Sussex Beacon
The Sussex Beacon exists to support and care for people facing the challenges of living with HIV. Based in Brighton we service communities across Sussex.
We provide a 10-bed hospital for people requiring intensive, specialist care and treatment. This includes crisis prevention, post-operative rehabilitation and management of long-term conditions, including mental ill health.
We also provide a range of health management services for people who either visit the Sussex Beacon or who we see in the community. These services include supportive groupwork and case work, exercise classes and a peer mentorship scheme.
The Sussex Beacon is a charity and we raise about 60% of the funds needed to run the charity through public fundraising and trusts and foundations. We also have two charity shops in Brighton.