We support women and their families living with HIV in the Sussex area. Our one to one casework service provides a safe space to talk and can address numerous issues related to living with HIV. These include:
• Long term management of HIV.
• Communication and disclosure within the family.
• Emotional support.
• Pregnancy, new mum and parenting support.
• Concerns within the home, eg domestic violence.
• Support with social issues including: housing, finances, immigration, employment.
• Peer support.
• Referrals, signposting, care coordination.
Casework support we offer is flexible, needs led and regularly reviewed. We can provide home visits.
Health Focused Groups:
The women’s group is held monthly and is open to women living with HIV in the Sussex area. The group is a facilitated, safe and confidential space to explore issues related to living with HIV.
Guest speakers are regularly invited to present and explore special interest topics. Examples of previous groups include: ageing and HIV; HIV within the family; ways of coping with stress.
The group offers a crèche facility and we provide a healthy lunch.
1. Improvement in confidence.
2. Greater knowledge and understanding of HIV and living with HIV.
3. Reduced social isolation.
4. An increase in wellbeing.
For more information about our services for women and families, please contact Hattie Yannaghas on 01273 694222.
For more information about referrals, click here.
Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org