The Garden Gadabout started 21 years ago as a small number of local gardens opening to raise funds for The Sussex Beacon, a HIV charity based in Brighton. Since then, numerous kind gardeners have opened their outdoor spaces to the public to help raise money for people affected by HIV and it is now one of the largest open garden schemes in Sussex.
We would be delighted if you are able to open your garden for us in 2015. But this year we are going to be doing things differently. Due to limited resources, we are unable to cover the cost of producing this year’s Garden Gadabout brochure and posters. But we still need to raise vital funds to support men, women and families affected by HIV to live independent and healthy lives.
How you can help:
- You choose the date (when best suits you) to open your garden to the public
- Let us know the date so we can help promote your garden opening
- Tell your family, friends and neighbours about your event
- Open your garden on the day of your choice
What we can offer:
- Help with publicity
- Promotion of your garden opening through our website and social media
- Promotion of your garden opening in our email newsletter to our supporters
- A copy of the Garden Gadabout logo for you to use in your own promotion
- Top tips for how to have a great garden opening and how to raise funds
- A collection box for admission donations on the day
- Signs for your garden
If you think you can help, please contact us on: using the form below or call us on 01273 645691.
Thank you for your ongoing support.